Saturday, December 8, 2012

Further on down the road ...


And the journey continues. What a joy it is to play a small part in blessing so many people who had nowhere to turn when Sandy left a wake of destruction behind. I’m especially overjoyed to see Mary, 79 years young, filled with gratitude for the teams that came to give her relief and who will continue to come until the job is done.

Or I think of 83 year old Mrs. Jones, from Atlantic City. Her downstairs has been gutted, treated for mold, the plumbing fixed and is ready to be built back up. When it’s done it will be in better shape than it was even before the storm!



We may have even found an administrative assistant to help Dave Cohen and I manage the teams that come to help and the families in need of their services. This will be a tremendous blessing as I need to give more focus to my sermon preparation and leading worship! 

No comments:

Post a Comment